Saturday 4 September 2010

Little weed




The last occupant of a window box
having its moment in the sun.
And if you are my age
this is the memory it will may well trigger.


 I think my viewing week consisted of:
Picture Book, Monday,
 Andy Pandy,Tuesday,
Bill and Ben - Wednesday
Rag, Tag, and Bobtail, Thursday,
and The Woodentops, Friday.
I loved the noise of Patricia Driscoll's
scissors cutting paper so precisely.
She taught us how to make Chinese lanterns.

Which was your favourite?
Revisit them all here.



4 comments:

  1. They remade Bill and Ben a few years ago. It was unspeakable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember the squeaky scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post; television didn't come to NZ until 1960 and it was a few years before we had it in our home so I didn't have any childhood TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh flowerpots! The best character voices! Looking at it again the backdrop/ little set is lovely.
    Thank you for the Milly link. I photographed her quilt too, good to make contact with her.
    I recommend the Winifred Nicholson book, at least have a good look through it in a book shop if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete