Monday 5 October 2009

Garden chutney


There was a tempting array of chutneys and pickles in Bill's at the weekend
but I remembered that

this little lot was waiting for me at home
and it would be flying in the face of all
the grow-your-own, cook-your-own exhortations
(even if you only have a window box -
am I the only person to find this a mite hard to take
from people pushing groaning wheelbarrows of basil around their rolling acres? )

not to turn them into
glutney.

It took a while.
Well all afternoon actually,
and now it is too dark to show you the money shots.


Still too dark in the morning so had to crank up the exposure.

2 comments:

  1. I experienced my first Bill's at Lewes last week. Your home grown produce looks so good and I bet your chutney is too.
    Just catching up on all your wonderful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good in the Bonne Maman jars. Totally homemade, feel proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete